BASE - Poland North
Six legs, two hearts, one victory
Do you know the HDR lifestyle? Or are you still preparing for it?
We know what it means when six legs move, two hearts beat in unison and share a single victory. We want as many of you as possible to experience this feeling.
If you enjoy a good challenge and running, and you’re also a dog person, then this is a great event for you: be at the starting line of HDR Base race (6 km, 16 obstacles) held at the Forest Park of Culture and Recreation MYŚLĘCINEK in Bydgoszcz on Saturday, 13th August!
WHAT IS WORTH KNOWING?
DISTANCE: 6 km
RACER’S AGE: 14+
DOG’S AGE: 1+
NO TIME LIMIT – you complete the route at your own pace!
PENALTY SQUATS – if you or your dog cannot overcome an obstacle, simply perform penalty squats and you can continue running.
You can take part in the competition:
– IN 3IN1 – 2 people + 1 dog
– IN A TEAM – 6 people + minimum 4 dogs.
In HDR competition the dog may participate ONLY IN HARNESS! The harness can be attached to a leash or running belt.
OUR four-legged competitors MUST HAVE MANDATORY, VALID VACCINATIONS (Rabies, DHPPi and Leptospirosis)! Vaccinations must be entered in the dog’s book or passport by a veterinarian.
The dog should also be DEWORMED between 13th May and 6th August. You can make the deworming entry yourself.
In HDR, you will not only compete against time; you’ll have to overcome tough obstacles, your dog’s stubbornness and even yourself. You’ll be tired, you’ll be covered in mud to your ears. But at the end, when you cross the finish line, you’ll feel happy and proud – proud of yourself and your dog: the hard-core duo.
Don’t forget about the Battle of the Alphas. Do you think you’re an Alpha? Prove it! Only apply for the 9:00 and 9:15 slots if you’re indeed trying for the best possible time you can achieve. You may apply in a team, 3in1 or as a solo participant. Hurry up though, because only 88 hard-boiled Alphas can participate.
BEFORE REGISTRATION IT IS GOOD TO READ THE FAQ!
If you have any questions or you’d like to share your thoughts, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve collected all documents you’ll need when you register on location.
You must hand in the PRINTED and SIGNED ORIGINALS when you arrive.
If you’re over 18, you’ll need the ’Data protection and portrait statement’ and the ’Declaration of liability’ documents.
If you’re not yet 18, you’ll also need the ’Declaration of parental liability’ as well. These declarations differ between Base and Junior events, please double-check which one pertains to you or your child.
PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS OF SELFLESS HUFF & PUFF
- All officially operating non-profit organisations registered in Hungary with any type of affiliation to dogs (shelters, animal rescue, rescue dog team, therapy animals etc.)
- During application, the name of the organisation must be listed at the team name (e.g. Retriever Rescue Team)
- If there are multiple teams from the same organisation, teams must be numbered (e.g. Animal Rescuers with Tattoos 1, Animal Rescuers with Tattoos 2 etc.)
- Email approval from the given organisation for the team’s use of the organisation’s name (the email must be sent from the official address of the organisation to email@example.com)
- Please make sure to indicate during application with the team name that you wish to participate in the Selfless Huff & Puff program. Only teams that meet the listed requirements may take part in this 'championship'.