BASE - Poland South
14.05.2022, Dąbrowa Górnicza
Six legs, two hearts, one victory
Do you know the HDR lifestyle? Or are you still preparing for it?
If you enjoy a good challenge and running, and you’re also a dog person, then this event is just perfect for you!
It will be a tough day. Will you endure? Apply and find out!
DO NOT FORGET THAT WE HAVE MADE SOME CHANGES! As HDR improves, as a part of this process we have come to a decision that you can ONLY participate in the HDR races WITH A HARNESS! You can run with a harness and a running belt, or with a harness and a leash. Also OUR FOUR-LEGGED RACERS HAVE TO HAVE A MANDATORY, VALID VACCINATION (DHPPi and Leptospirosis)!
6 km, 16 obstacles
During a HDR race you will not only compete against time; you’ll have to overcome tough obstacles, your dog’s stubbornness and even yourself. You’ll be tired and aching, you’ll be covered in mud to your ears. But at the end, when you cross the finish line, you’ll feel happy and proud – proud of yourself and your dog: the hard-core duo.
Battle of the Alphas
Don’t forget about the Battle of the Alphas. Do you think you’re an Alpha? Prove it! Only apply for the 9:00 and 9:15 slots if you’re indeed trying for the best possible time you can achieve. You may apply in a team or as a solo participant. Hurry up though, because there are only a limited number of places for Alphas!
BEFORE YOU APPLY, MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THOROUGHLY.
We’ve collected all documents you’ll need when you register on location.
You must hand in the PRINTED and SIGNED ORIGINALS when you arrive.
If you’re over 18, you’ll need the ’Data protection and portrait statement’ and the ’Declaration of liability’ documents.
If you’re not yet 18, you’ll also need the ’Declaration of parental liability’ as well. These declarations differ between Base and Junior events, please double-check which one pertains to you or your child.
PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS OF SELFLESS HUFF & PUFF
- All officially operating non-profit organisations registered in Hungary with any type of affiliation to dogs (shelters, animal rescue, rescue dog team, therapy animals etc.)
- During application, the name of the organisation must be listed at the team name (e.g. Retriever Rescue Team)
- If there are multiple teams from the same organisation, teams must be numbered (e.g. Animal Rescuers with Tattoos 1, Animal Rescuers with Tattoos 2 etc.)
- Email approval from the given organisation for the team’s use of the organisation’s name (the email must be sent from the official address of the organisation to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please make sure to indicate during application with the team name that you wish to participate in the Selfless Huff & Puff program. Only teams that meet the listed requirements may take part in this 'championship'.