BASE - Hungary
Six legs, two hearts, one victory
Are you familiar with the HDR feeling? Or are you yet to immerse yourself in it?
If you enjoy challenges, running and you have a dog, don’t hesitate, both you and your four-legged companion will find this event great fun. Line up at the start on 18 September in Vácduka.
In HDR races, you have to overcome difficult obstacles, your dog’s stubbornness and your own limitations. There is no par time, but we guarantee that you’ll be tired, sore and you’ll be covered in mud from top to bottom. But once you’re done fighting, once you cross the finish line, all you’ll feel is the joy over the victory the two of you share. You’ll feel proud of both yourself and your dog – the hardcore duo.
6 km, 16 obstacles
It’ll be a tough day, but we’re sure you’ll be able to get through it. Apply and find out!
Vácduka is our new location. It is a beautiful a mere 30 km away from Budapest, near Vác. It’s got great potential, and while we organise both the Base and the Not Just Run events here, you won’t notice because we’ll set up and construct two entirely different tracks.
Battle of the Alphas
So you think you’re an Alpha? Time to prove it. Only apply for the 9:00 and 9:15 races if your goal is truly to achieve the best possible time. You may run solo or in a team. Be quick about it though, as we only have a limited number of Alpha slots.
BEFORE YOU APPLY, MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THOROUGHLY.
VIEW THE DISCOUNTS YOU ARE ENTITLED TO! →
We’ve collected all documents you’ll need when you register on location.
You must hand in the PRINTED and SIGNED ORIGINALS when you arrive.
If you’re over 18, you’ll need the ’Data protection and portrait statement’ and the ’Declaration of liability’ documents.
If you’re not yet 18, you’ll also need the ’Declaration of parental liability’ as well. These declarations differ between Base and Junior events, please double-check which one pertains to you or your child.
PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS OF SELFLESS HUFF & PUFF
- All officially operating non-profit organisations registered in Hungary with any type of affiliation to dogs (shelters, animal rescue, rescue dog team, therapy animals etc.)
- During application, the name of the organisation must be listed at the team name (e.g. Retriever Rescue Team)
- If there are multiple teams from the same organisation, teams must be numbered (e.g. Animal Rescuers with Tattoos 1, Animal Rescuers with Tattoos 2 etc.)
- Email approval from the given organisation for the team’s use of the organisation’s name (the email must be sent from the official address of the organisation to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please make sure to indicate during application with the team name that you wish to participate in the Selfless Huff & Puff program. Only teams that meet the listed requirements may take part in this 'championship'.